Known for his ability to transform clients’ event experiences into extraordinary results, Michael Verlatti has an unwavering commitment to excellence. His pursuit of creativity and quality has resulted in a one-of-a-kind reputation as an authority on event technology and event activation.
Driven by an intangible passion, the experienced executive follows the advice of the late Steve Jobs, “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
Throughout his career, the San Francisco-native has worked with the most recognizable sports entertainment and Fortune 500 companies nationwide, such as FOX Sports 1, NASCAR, Professional Bull Riders (PBR), Sprint, Ford Motor Company, Coca-Cola, Lowe’s Home Improvement and Freightliner.
Beginning at an early age, Verlatti used hard work and determination to propel him up the ranks and gain hands-on experience as a NASCAR race official who traveled the country.
The Charlotte, N.C., resident is an avid event “junkie” as well as enjoys participating in athletic competitions like Tough Mudder, Spartan Beast and others. Not only does Verlatti savor the challenge of hiking, he also considers himself a doomsday prepper ready for the end of time.
His wife, Kelly and English Bulldogs Lola & Izzy, provide balance for the never-ending world of travel, events and a growing career.
- Verlatti was integral in the acquisition and development of Sprint’s multi-million dollar experiential activation program in 2007 and again in 2013.
- A true pioneer, Verlatti worked with partners to design the nation’s largest mobile screen with tailored video content, a widget wall and interactive games for The Sprint Unlimited Experience.
- After joining JHE in 2001, Verlatti made a quick impact by selling seven new NASCAR Sprint Cup Series tracks, increasing company by almost 10 percent year over year. Since that time, he has added 13 tracks as JHE clients.
- Under Verlatti’s leadership, JHE has earned award recognition from the Southeast Tourism Society, Business Leader Magazine, Special Events Magazine and Inc.
- Within only a year of Traction’s inception, Verlatti’s company provided digital services to nationally-recognized names including NASCAR, Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Sprint.
- Verlatti and the Traction team created a customized app for NASCAR’s business-to-business meetings that manages 83 corporate partners and decreased the man-hours for each event from 240 to 5.
- As an executive at ISM Connect, Verlatti has led deployments at NASCAR, Minor League Baseball, the Washington Redskins, and a Natiopnal Stadium Concert Tour.